Wednesday 2 May 2012

Uni work, contemplating and body confidence!

The last few weeks and Uni have been very very hard going, and I dont mean work load (well that is quite a large part) but more importantly due to the fact that I have been working on a self portrait project and analysing my own identity (ahhh).

I think that ANY girl will agree with me when I say this, but Ive always been very body concious (and any girl who says no, then they are little liars :)) Anyway. The idea for this project when I found myspelf spending hours and hours (no exaggeration) on Tumblr just blogging and reblogging pictures of all of these beautiful, stick thin, 6ft girls with their blonde flowing hair. Many of them were celebrities, but some literally just girls that I had never seen in my life before. I started to realise that it was beginning to make me really depressed and feel really shit about myself. I also found myself being so confused on my to style myself because I was being so influenced by these 'beautiful' people and wanting to look like them. I literally completely lost myself and who I was. It was actually really sad.

Therefore I decided to base my photography project on it and it actually has really helped. The most important thing that has changed is my view on what 'beutiful' actually is! There is SO much pressure on girls to become this stick thing, size 0 person with a perfectly simetrcal face. This is NOT going to happen, especially for me. Im just creeping up to 5ft, with the biggest, meatiest booty that Ive ever layed eyes on (I could give Kim Kardash a run for her money). But after realsing how much effort it was taking to meet other people's expectations and to always say 'no' to that slice of cake, Ive given up. Beautiful isnt being a girl in Vogue magazine, its completely being you, and no matter what size you are, its about embracing it! I now LOVE my curves, and Ive come to terms with the fact that its just how Ive been made.

So please, please, please take my advice...you ARE beautiful, you just need to realise it before you compare yourself to others :)

No comments:

Post a Comment