Thursday 9 August 2012

Holiday Detox Time...

Yay Im back!!

I am truly sorry for my absence, I have not forgotten about you all, I have just been stuck in a caravan with my parents for 16 nights in Scotland, with no personal space and sleeping on a sofa. Not cool. However now I am back and back to my normal life routine and back to blogging. Yay!

Although I had an A-mazing time away and it actually allowed me to see how great our country is and that you can actually have a lovely holiday without having to get on a plane, there has been a massive downfall to this holiday....my eating lifestyle! I am normally quite good with what I eat and know when to stop myself when I know Ive eaten too much rubbish! I try to stay away from eating manufactured products all the time and do tend to love my fruit and veg (veg more). However, I think I just completely tipped over the edge in Scotland. We seemed to spend a lot of our time in little tea rooms eating humongous slices of chocolate cake or victoria sponge mmmm.....and then bringing big cream cakes back to eat on an evening. This mixed in with meals out, fizzy drinks, alcohol and just plain rubbish has not been good my my shape, or my stomach! For the last two days of my holiday I had a serious painful tummy which felt like it was being twisted and about to explode. It turns out there is only so much cream I can eat!



Anyway, Im not normally one who fusses too much over body image anymore as I have just really learnt to love how I have been built, and also the face that I love chocolate too much to care! However, when it came to put my jeans on this morning that I had left at home, it suddenly hit me that I may have gained an extra couple of pounds....there was a very tight squeeze. 

So it turns out I am now on a big holiday detox and prepping to enjoy myself for my next holiday in October. So Ive made a plan and aim to try and stick to it for the next couple of months....

*Join the gym. There is currently a deal on at my local leisure centre which is gym, swim and classes all inclusive for 6 weeks for just £35! This in my eyes is a massive bargain so Im going to pop on down there in the next few days and sort this out.

*No more cake! I love my cake a lot but instead of picking a slice up with my cup of tea Im going to opt instead for a piece of fruit, or nothing!

*Cut down on carbs for a bit. I don't really agree with 'no carb diets' as I like to enjoy a bit of everything, but Im just going to cut them out for the rest of this week so I can de-bloat!

*Eastenders + Bike = Happy Sally. I normally go on my exercise bike whilst watching Eastenders which helps massively as it makes time go by really quickly. I can normally do 10k within the half an hour and got into a really good routine of doing this every night! However come the end of uni and stress it just all fell out the window, so Im going to put this back into action, starting tonight!

*Keep a food diary. Apparently this really helps as it enables you to see exactly what you are eating throughout every day. I suffer quite a lot with the 'oh one won't hurt' disease which gets me nowhere, so Im thinking if I write it down then it may stop me from doing it!

*Dont weigh myself! This will do my no good at all, Im just going to keep going until I feel happy :)

Plan on actions starts now! Im off to get a bowl of fruit :)

Do you have any other tips and tricks that you do to detox from rubbish food?? 

SC

No comments:

Post a Comment