Wednesday 6 June 2012

May favourites!

Ive taken some time this month to try out a few new products which I normally never really experiment with. I was before using the same old makeup routine and was getting a bit bored with it so wanted to try something new and fresh for spring/summer :) I have picked out a few of my favourites for the past month and wanted to share them with you so that you could possibly try them yourself if you wanted to try something a bit new!

First of all is my Rimmel 'Wake Me Up Foundation'. I normally find it really difficult to find a foundation that matches my skin tone as I have quite naturally olive skin so either end up going really orange or really pale. This foundation is a-mazing. It is so soft on your skin and has a medium cover, which therefore is buildable if you're not happy with the cover it gives. I also have quite normal skin texture but do suffer with dryness on the top of my nose but oily skin in the creases and around my chin. However this product works absolute wonders for coverage and blends really well. It also has a slight shimmery glow and dewy effect which just creates a fresh look. This is a definate reccomendation! Its also a bargain price at around £6-£9!!




Secondly is this 'Pore-fessional' base from Benefit. It is unbelieveable. I have never felt a product that is so soft and literally just melts into your skin. It is designed to cover the appearence of pores and create a smooth texture for your skin, and it really works wonders. I do suffer with quite bad pores over my nose and on the top of ym cheeks, but with this product I get an amazing finish. I never really go for more expensive makeup but wanted to treat myself and to see whether you do get quality for your money, and I have proved myself right! Its a bit expensive at £22 but if you do suffer with quite bad pores and are looking for a radiant finish, then this is for you! It can also be used over or under makeup which is so useful!



I do suffer with quite dry skin so was looking for a moisturiser that would so the job. I normally just go for E45 but was getting a bit bored as it is just a plain product with so scent and after a while was finding that it was making my skin a bit greasy. I therefore went on a hunt for a bit of a glamourous product that would also do the job. I tried a few but this 'Glow Job' for Soap and Glory is amazing!
It has great coverage and a little goes a long way. It also has a comforting summery sort of sun tan lotion scent, but the best thing about it is the tiny brozing pearls that literally explose as you but it on your face. Its a  perfect product to use if you are having a 'no make up' day as it gives you a soft base with a shimmer to it which creates a healthy glow! I love this product, and I think it was around the £9 mark!


I never normally buy blusher and normally just use a light bronzer on my skin as its got quite an olivey tone to it anyway. However I had a £5 voucher for No7 make up so went to see what I could find. I picked up a Mineral Perfection blusher in shade 'Dusted Damsen' and its brilliant. Its got a really gentle coverage which just gives you a bit of a rosy glow and blends really well so looks natural. Its also a really soft texture and doest feel like its just stuck on your face which is great! It was originally £9 but with the voucher was down to £4 so couldnt resist. Its brilliant quality and I highly reccomend for those who dont really like a strong and obvious blush.



The last product on my list is the Boots Essential facial toner for all skin types. I find that even when Ive taken all my makeup off and washed my face I still dont really have that 'fresh' feeling. I picked this up a cople of weeks ago and love it. Its got a cucumber scent and really gets into your skin and using a cotton pad really removes all left over oil and dirt. It makes me feel so fresh a clear skinned and is an amazing price at something like £2 a bottle. I might even buy the makeup remover too!


So that's it for May :) Im going to be experimenting with different products throughout June and summer too so will keep you updated with next months favourites in a few weeks :)

SC

No comments:

Post a Comment