Monday 11 June 2012

Saying Goodbye and Saying Hello

For those of you who don't know, over the past few months I have been training (I saw training but it really wasn't) for the Birstol Race for Life 10k! I decided that I wanted to do something worthwhile and practical so I thought that this would be the perfect thing! The Race for Life is a run/walk/jog for women and helps to raise money for Cancer Research Uk. There is no doubt in the whole world that Cancer is a massive part of pretty much everyones lives in the world, and ever single person has most likely been affected by Cancer at some stage in their life. For me it has recently been with my Uncle Paul, my mum's brother who was fighting with his illness for almost a year but sadly lost on the 27th December 2011. The part that affeced me the most was seeing my mum at her lowest over the past year which was heartbreaking as she is meant to be my support, rather than the other way round. Therefore I wanted to run this race in memory of Uncle Paul and to help fight this son-of-a-bitch illness once and for all!

The furthest I have ever ran in my life is 4K, and I thought that 10K couldn't be much harder. Oh how wrong I was!! I thought I was going to die at 1K....anyway...I managed to cross the finish line at 1 hour and 13 minutes which I was absolutely over the moon about and as a bonus managed to raise over £200!! So a little pat on the back for me :)
Before the race
After the race....yay!


Uncle Paul :)

Theres me down at the front next to my mum in the blue jumper :)




So after this event, and with very stiff legs, the following day I was able to meet my new baby cousin Toby :) He is the cutest little bundle of cuteness in the whole entire world! Ive always loved children and it is my dream in life to be a mother so this was an amazing moment for me :)


I guess the moral of this story is that, yes tragedies in familied do happen and loss is a horrible fact of life, but we also have to celebrate the new little lives who are entering the world and who are yet to go on their own massive journey! It's just so true how amazing and yet incredibly bazaar life really is :) Enjoy it little Toby :).

SC

No comments:

Post a Comment